We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). You can find out more information about the Privacy Act and the APPs at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How we collect your personal information
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the services required by our Caretaking & Letting services, the Owners Corporation PS 539033E, product or information you have requested from us.
At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
ALT & Sienna On-Site Management may collect personal information about you when you:
- Purchase a property at the sites our services are provided;
- make a complaint or report an issue;
- register as a resident at the site;
- enquire for available properties;
- submit maintenance requests;
- submit a key order;
- register your access swipe card for building security;
- submit a purchase for goods and services;
- make an amenity booking;
- sign up to receive Building Announcements;
- engage with our business and its employees in the course of receiving products or services from us;
- visit our websites (altsienna.com.au)or any other websites specifically established for the properties (including through our social media channels, realestate marketing channels or websites);
- apply as a candidate for a position of employment with ALT & Sienna On-Site Management; and
- asked to be placed on one of our mailing lists.
If you are a real estate agent, specialist trade supplier, or another third-party supplier of products or services to ALT & Sienna On-Site Management, we may also collect personal information about you from your employer or the contractor to whom you provide goods or services.
What personal information we collect about you
If you are the Owner, Tenant or Managing Agent or enquiring of a property, we may collect the following information about you:
- Full Name;
- address (and Property Address);
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- swipe Card number;
- supporting documentation for proof of residency or managing authority of the property;
- photographic evidence relating to Private Property & Common Property;
- vehicle details;
- pets & animal’s information residing on site;
- type of resident (i.e. Owner or Renter)
If you are a supplier or contractor, we may also collect details about the business that you represent.
How we use your data
By engaging with our business on our website, you agree for ALT & Sienna On-Site Management may, subject to the Privacy Act 1998 (CTH) (where applicable), collect, use and disclose such information to:
- the Caretaker and Letting Agent of the Premises to which this information applies, insofar as such information is relevant to the managing and/or leasing of the Premises; and or
- tradespeople and similar contractor engaged by the Caretaker and Letting Agent in order to faciliate the carrying out of service with respect to the Premises; and/or
- insurance companies, authorised real estate personnel, courts and tribunals and other third parties as may be required by the Caretaker and Letting Agent, relating to the adminstration of the Premises and use of the Caretakers and Rental Providers services; and/or
- a utility connection provider when you request the Caretaker and Letting Agent to faciliate the connection and/or disconnection of your utility services; and or
- Emergency Services (i.e Police, Fire or Ambulant); and/or
- Owners Corporation PS 539033E; and/or
- Owners Corporation Strata Management; and/or
- Committee of Management of the Scheme.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service and resolution to you.
Purpose of collection
If you are the Owner, Tenant or Managing Agent or enquiring of a property, we collect your personal information primarily to:
- Provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us;
- provide you with the services requested by the Owners Corporation PS539033E;
- enforce the protocols and services requested by the Owners Corporation PS539033E;
- Broadcast important building news to Residents, Managing Agents and Owners; and
- Market our On-Site Property Management Services to property Owners.
We may use your name, email address and telephone number for direct communication and marketing purposes. Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of the building news and monthly newsletter subscription communications.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- Assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- assist the Owners Corporation PS539033E with your enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our client service and relationships
- promote, advertise and broadcast any of our products, services for our services and building announcements.
Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect your personal information.
We will retain your personal information as required by law, and then take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.