Moving & Deliveries
Important Information Before Moving
Attention ALT Residents:
all moving, and deliveries of appliances and furniture must be done from the Loading Bay on ground floor and use of the padded service elevator (Lift No.2) is mandatory.
Attention Sienna Residents:
all moving, and deliveries of appliances and furniture must be done from the Loading Bay Area on ground floor (Mt Alexander Rd Entrance) and use of the elevator (Lift No.3).
No Loading/Moving from Car Parks
Residents are prohibited from moving in/out from the car park levels – do not load vehicles and trailers from the car park. If your vehicle or loaded trailer exceeds the indicated clearance heights, there is likely risk of your vehicle damaging a fire sprinkler – always use the Loading Areas provided.
Moving Outside of the Permitted Moving Hours
Residents moving outside of the permitted moving hours (hours below) will be reported to the Owners Corporation and breached accordingly. Security may be engaged, and cost of attendance charged to the Tenant/Owner.
Permitted Moving & Delivery Hours
Monday to Friday
9:00AM to 4:00PM
9:00AM to 11:30AM
Sundays & Public Holidays
Under no circumstance are household items, furniture or appliances permitted to be moved outside of these hours. Offending Residents will be reported to the Owners Corporation and will result in the Sites Security Guard’s intervention on-site.
Booking the Service Elevator & Loading Bay
- Booking a suitable moving-in time: to book the Loading Bay and Elevator, please contact Concierge to schedule a suitable date and time. We encourage a 48-hour minimum notice period to ensure the loading facilities are available and adequate protection measures are installed in the lift and on Common Property.
- Lift Induction: Residents are to undertake an induction to operate the Elevator in ‘priority mode’. Building Staff must be satisfied the Resident is competent in operating the Elevator.
Moving Objects – Protecting Common Property
Scuff marks are caused in the corridors and Common Areas during moving in/out. Care must be taken when moving not to damage the interior or exterior of the lift and Common Property corridors. The following are recommended measures for protecting the building and your apartment while moving-in:
- Ceilings, Walls, and Doors: Use Common sense as to avoid scuffing or chipping ceilings, walls, and door frames. Pay particular attention to avoid damage to sprinkler heads, exit lights and fire detectors on the ceiling.
- Flooring: Do not drag heavy objects across carpets/flooring – use appropriate moving equipment (i.e. trolley or dolly) and/or carry all objects.
- make sure your removalist company has suitable insurance to cover damage and/or accidents that occur on Common Property. Damage to Common Property will be recovered from the Resident/Owner.
Disposing Hard Waste – Moving Out or Spring Cleaning
The most commonly dumped items on Common Property are household rubbish, furniture, mattresses, computers, and televisions. Leaving (dumping) hard waste on Common Property is against the Owners Corporation Rules.
When moving out or carrying out a spring clean of your apartment, please ensure no household waste is dumped within the refuse rooms, car parks loading bays or any Common Areas outside of your apartment. Storing hard waste on your car space is also not permitted.
Council collections are not available for the complex, as the building waste is arranged with a private company. Private collections are held fortnightly from the hard waste collection zone. Please contact concierge/reception to arrange a time for access to the hard waste collection zone and booking the Service Elevator (if required).
If we are able to identify the person who dumped the rubbish we will investigate, and the Owners Corporation informed. Penalties and a Formal Breach Notice may apply. Please take the rightful course of action and dispose your hard waste correctly.