Annual Pest Control
Every year, with the arrival of Spring and Summer months we see a sudden rise in Pest Activity across Victoria. According to Consumer Affairs Victoria, infestations may include but are not limited to mice, rats, possums, fleas, ants, termites, etc.
PEST CONTROL – PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
ALT & Sienna On-Site Management takes pest infestations extremely seriously and carries out the necessary measures to keep the Complex hygienic and pest free. However, pest control is a combined effort wherein the Residents need to be equally mindful of activities that might encourage pest activity within the complex.
To aid our mission this season, some recommended measures for the ALT & Sienna residents:
- Spring Clean your property (inside and outside) – it is very important to carry out a deep clean inside and outside (balcony) of your apartment to get rid of spider webs, cockroach nests, and dust mites. Wipe your counters, sweep your floors, put food away immediately, and take out the trash regularly.
- Or avoid the effort and contact ASOM’s Cleaning Services to come back to a professionally cleaned property at an extremely affordable price.
- Window Maintenance – Make sure your apartment windows and balcony doors can be sealed shut and that there are no gaps between the latch seal. Carry out window maintenance in your property as soon as possible to block any pest from entering your property. After all, the windows are your first line of defence.
- Get rid of Standing Water- Standing Water acts as a breeding ground for mosquitoes and can lead to some very serious illnesses in a short space of time. Walkthrough your property and check all potted plants, leaks or any other possible areas where water might collect.
- Be wary of second-hand furniture – Carefully inspect all second-hand furniture before bringing it into the building as it can harbor bed bugs, powder post beetles and more. Make sure to clean all second-hand furniture with disinfectants before bringing it into your home.
- Empty your Trash bins – REGULARLY – Changing and Cleaning your trash bins becomes even more crucial during the warmer months as rotting trash attracts a variety of pests eg. fruit flies, ants, cockroaches etc at an alarming rate.
To provide a clean and hygienic living environment for our Residents, the Owners Corporation has scheduled the Annual Pest Control around the ALT & Sienna Complex. The notice above has also been put in all ALT & Sienna Lifts to keep Residents advised of these works.
This is a Common Property Service Only
Common Property as defined by Consumer Affairs Victoria is any part of the land, building or airspace that is not depicted as a lot on the building’s Plan of Subdivision. It may include gardens, passages, walls, pathways, driveways, stairs, lifts, foyers and fences.
It is crucial to note that the Annual Pest Control will only be carried out in the Common Property of ALT & Sienna Complex. These works are not inclusive of independently owned lots.
Pest Control on Private Property
According to the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, Pest control falls under the general responsibility of both tenants and landlords to maintain the premises in a state of reasonable repair, safety, and cleanliness.
To find out more about this regulation, contact your Property Manager directly.
An apartment owner/occupier is responsible for pest and vermin control (such as rats, mice, and termites) within their properties. In Alt & Sienna buildings, owners/occupiers can engage their preferred technicians to carry out pest control within their properties. This measure is recommended and is considered preventative especially if children or pets are living in the apartments.
The ideal time to engage a pest control service within your apartment is the end of Winter and the start of the Spring/Summer season.
For further queries, simply contact ALT & Sienna On-Site Management over our ‘Contact Us‘ form.