July Maintenance Tip | AC Servicing
Ensure your AC Unit is being maintained annually to avoid disruptions and substantial damages.
Our Building Managers are contacted regularly by Owners or Managing Agents regarding faults showing on their AC units. These faults are generated due to lack of maintenance, or none at all. There are also other factors that can play an integral role in increasing your lifespan of your unit and providing it the care it requires.
The Owners Corporation uses Your Air Services (“YAS”) to maintain the building’s heating, ventilation and air condition services on Common Property. YAS has provided us some AC ‘tips and tricks’ to pass onto our Owners.
Tips & Tricks from Your Air Services
Look for a clock symbol on the controller. If there is a clock symbol present, it means an on/off timer has been set. If you haven’t intentionally set one, this could cause the A/C to come on when not required, causing increased wear running and costs and it becomes a nuisance. Therefore, we recommend cancelling all timer programming.
We have also found Residents running their AC units for long periods of time which collates a collection of dust on the filters and will subsequently overheat your unit causing internal problems costing owners more than $2,500 to repair.
It is essential your unit is maintained and serviced regularly to avoid such incidents.
We recommend there is no object restricting the front and rear of the A/C outdoor unit on the balcony.
This can not only be a fire hazard but will drastically reduce the life span of the A/C unit costing you more in repairs and replacement than during the expected life span. Again, it is important the filters are cleaned out regularly.
In most instances, a call out could have been prevented by a general service.
The servicing of air conditioning systems plays an integral part in prolonging its lifespan and preventing breakdowns. Maintenance also improves the effectiveness and efficiency of a system, and in turn, lowers your electricity cost spent on cooling and/or heating for a home.
If you wish to take advantage of our special ALT & Sienna Apartments servicing rate of $100.00 + GST, please feel free to give our office a call on (03) 95 839 687. Our Servicing Scope includes:
Scope of Works:
- Access water sourced package units within roof space.
- Access high wall reverse cycle air-conditioning units within apartment
- Check and test operation of unit, checked running pressures and record supply air temperatures against return air temperatures.
- Check operation of both fan motor and compressor
- Isolate unit, remove electrical cover. Check and tighten terminals as required. Reinstate power.
- Check condition of condenser water valves
- Check all condenser hoses and inspect for water marks or damage
- Check all coils, pans and drains including termination points
- Check condition of return air filters, remove and clean thoroughly
- Report on any access issues for servicing
- Report on all system operating faults and problems
- Check and test operation of controller
- Provide individual report and check list for each individual apartment